Why should you work with a staffing firm?
Staffing and recruiting companies are committed to bringing the right people and the right companies together. Whether you want a temporary, contract, part-time, or permanent position, working with a staffing company is an easy way to improve your job search.
Regardless of the industry or geographic location in which you want to work, there is a staffing company to help. Staffing companies match millions of people to millions of jobs in the U.S. and abroad every day.
How can you work with a staffing firm?
There are three main types of job placements in the staffing industry, according to the American Staffing Association:
Temporary or contract: You work for a staffing firm's customer on an interim basis
Temp-to-perm or temp-to-hire: You work for a staffing firm's customer on a trial basis to determine if the job is a good fit for your skills, interests, and career goals—if so, you become the customer's employee
Direct hire or permanent: You are recruited by the staffing firm and then hired by its customer
Reasons to work with a staffing firm
Staffing companies are not only looking for administrative and short-term manual labor positions but also for executives and professionals searching for full-time employment. Below are a few of the reasons you should work with a staffing company during your next job search. Also, please read the American Staffing Association's graph of the best reasons to work with a staffing company.
- Get the inside scoop on new openings: Staffing companies work with a variety of companies. Many businesses turn to staffing companies to fill certain positions and never advertise the opening themselves.
- Save time: Staffing companies specialize in position types, areas, industries, or even companies. Thus, they know the job market and know the cultures on the companies for which they are recruiting.
- Put flexibility and work in the same sentence: If you are looking for time to live life while still making ends meet, working with a staffing company could be the best career move you ever make. Staffing companies place you in part-time or contract work that fits your life. Maybe you want to take a trip to Europe for a month or maybe you need the summers off to watch your kids while school's out. Either way, a staffing company can help you find a project or company that is right for you.
- Work part time and get benefits: When you go on temporary assignments for a staffing company, you are normally employed by the staffing company and could be eligible for vacation, holidays, health insurance, retirement plans, and more.
- Free training: Temporary employees get free training from staffing companies to improve their skills and go on more assignments. This is a great way to boost your knowledge and experience before looking for a permanent gig.
- Never get bored: As an employee of a staffing company, you get to select the short-term assignments you want to take. You get the opportunity to work in a variety of industries and with different people on numerous projects and tasks. The opportunities are endless.
- Go from temp to perm: According to the American Staffing Association, about 75 percent of temporary and contract employees move on to permanent jobs. Thus, a temp job can be a great way to try out a company's culture. http://www.careerbuilder.com/jobposter/staffing-recruiting/page.aspx?pagever=RBU_StaffingFirmBenefits